PRO TIP – Send your New employees to your next Trade Show
This secret will help your brand new employees and team members get up to speed quicker than ever! Shorten the learning curve! You’ll hear this only on Trade Show University!
*** WATCH this episode on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFivUR63ITg&t=173s
In this episode, I give you 4 reasons why you need to send your brand new employees to visit and even work at your next trade show, and 5 tips to get your new people as effective and efficient as possible at the event! Let’s go!
The 4 Reasons Why…
- Allows them to learn all about your industry and get up to speed quickly. If they are brand new to the industry there’s nothing better! Seeing all the types of companies that are involved, learning about trends, and seeing how your company is positioned. If they’re familiar with the industry, gets them to see things from a new vantage point!
- Allows them to do amazing market research by talking one on one with customers, prospects and vendors. Nothing like a new person to ask great questions!
- Breaks up the routines for that new person. We’ve all been there – like drinking out of a firehose trying to get our bearings in a new job. Getting out of the office or the usual workplace can be such a great thing for a new person.
- Accelerate the bonding and brings them into your team quickly. Nothing like spending a couple of days together to allow them to get to know you and you get to know them.
5 TIPS to get New Team Members as effective and efficient as possible at the event:
- Give them specific tasks to do, set meetings for them with customers or vendors especially those they’ll be interacting with in the position.
- When they’re in the booth, have them observe conversations with your team to learn.
- Get them outside the booth to walk the show and gather info. And go have them do some research on the competition!
- Have them attend workshops and breakout sessions on your behalf to take notes. Duplicate your time!
- Make sure you take the time to watch them as well – how are they talking with prospects? How are they blending with your team? How are they socially?