At our Trade Shows, Meetings and Events, there are times when things go wrong. VERY wrong! What can seem like Mayhem at the time can turn out to be an innovative success! Proud to have joining the Trade Show University podcast Terry Matthews-Lombardo, author of the new book Meetings Mayhem – Behind the Scenes of Successful Meetings & Events.
Terry is a veteran professional meeting planner with an alter ego of an industry travel writer. As a working planner, her clients include association, corporate and incentive programs of all shapes and sizes, and as a writer I maintain an entertaining industry-focused blog where I muse about lifestyles, travel, and detours.
Terry takes us into her recently published book, Meetings Mayhem!, which is a humorous but factual look at the serious business of making meetings and events happen.
Terry’s Top Tips:
- In this industry, flexibility is key to survival
- Always have a second act
- Stay sincere and active in your own network and keep expanding it to new levels
- You are the author of your own script in life
Terry’s Top Takeaways from the Episode:
- Stay open to new opportunities but stay grounded in your roots
- It’s not the mountains that we conquer but ourselves [Sir Edmund Hillary]
- Cut yourself some slack as you have to remember that 100 years from now, All. New. People.
Grab Your Copy of Meetings Mayhem!
- Barnes & Noble
How to Connect with Terry Matthews Lombardo:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LinkedIn – terrymatthewslombardo
- FB/twitter/Insta @tmlwrites
Get a FREE Tips Guide when you Sign up for the Trade Show U Newsletter!
- Visit tradeshowu.biz and sign up on the home page!