One question for exhibitors and show organizers alike is how do I effectively execute a Hybrid event. To help answer this question, I have on Mia Masson, the Content Director at Swapcard, an all-in-one virtual & hybrid event and community platform. Mia lives in Paris and has 4 years of experience in planning and writing about events. She loves to create content and build communities! Mia spends time reading, listening to podcasts and donating to charity organizations in her native South Africa.
We not only discuss hybrid events, but also how and why to build communities – taking event audiences and turn them into year-round communities that engage online 365 days a year and how this hybrid business model can help event brands grow their reach and boost ROI.
1. What’s the buzz about hybrid events? Should everyone be jumping on the bandwagon?
2. What’s the benefit in embracing a 365-day community model instead of just sticking to the old model of once-a-year meetups and events?
3. Is technology in events a nice-to-have or is it becoming indispensable?
4. Tips for sponsors/exhibitors/sellers to boost their sales at online events and in online communities
Mia’s Top Tips:
1. Your event needs an all-in-one technology platform that acts like a partner instead of a supplier
2. You need to extend the lifecycle of the event – keep the platform open for months before and after the event to boost networking
3. Times are still uncertain, so have a plan B and a plan C ready – and always include a technology aspect
Mia’s Top Takeaways:
Extending the lifecycle of your event until it turns into a year-round community is the future of events.
Without a virtual element to your events, you’ll lose business because times are so uncertain that virtual is the only real constant.
Connect with Mia Masson: