It’s one thing to be branding your business, but if you want effectiveness you have to make sure your audience is ready to take in your message and branding. One powerful method to prime your audience is through Play.
Nobody knows play better than the duo behind Energizing Events – Paul Miller, national touring comedy juggler, and Dawn Daria, award winning author and educator, promote play with a purpose. Whether the goal is mindfulness & wellbeing, an energized audience, or a supercharged sales presentation, their Flop Balls and Floposophy are an ideal tool for engaging and enriching.
Topics we cover during this episode are:
- Create a playful experience for audiences to prime them for your pitch/message
- Why is play important?
- Does it work for all audiences?
- How can games and contests be used to bring people back to your booth?
Paul & Daria’s Top Tips:
- Model and create space for it – if you’re not willing to be vulnerable, authentic, and in the moment – your participants won’t be
- Connect the experience to key selling points/call to action – otherwise your creating good energy and buzz around your booth which they may remember, but it won’t lead to sales
- Keep your own energy fresh in order to be able to do all of the above – get sleep, eat well, stay hydrated
The top takeaways:
1. Play reduces barriers and opens people up to authentic, emotional connection.
2. We learn by doing – not just listening; how can you engage people in an experience at your booth?
How to Connect with Dawn and Paul: