Ep 110 – You have a Bad Booth Location! What do you do?
Question: What to do if you have a bad booth location?
For anyone who has exhibited at trade shows, expos, conferences or events, you probably have been stuck with a bad booth location at some point. So what do you do? Don’t just give up and take what attendance happens to come your way. Take control! Here’s many tips and ideas for making the best of the situation!
First – do your best to avoid it! Work with the show if you need guidance on traffic flow, what booths are around you, etc. They will help you pick the best booth available.
Start by talking about things you can do before the show…
- Be more out there with your pre-show marketing. More social media, more email blasts, direct mail to your customer and prospect list.
- Look into pre-show marketing that the show is offering.
- Email blasts, advertising, get the pre-show registration list and send out postcards or bubble mailers.
- Get involved in sponsorship/marketing with show that drives people to your booth – Bingo card, scavenger hunt, in-room marketing
- Include marketing pieces into the show bags that drive people to your booth! Be blunt and bold!
Here’s some ideas for things you can do at the booth:
- Engage the senses! Add elements of sound or lights Spinning prize wheel or even music if it fits your theme
- Have food! Barista, popcorn, fresh baked cookies, cotton candy
- Run seminars at your booth – if you have enough room to set up some chairs
- Bring on a magician – check out episodes with Scott Tokar – Episode 25 and Episode 91
- Run a special promo or giveaway
- Double back promo to get people to your booth a second time
- Be more aggressive in engaging – have that question ready!
Outside the booth. When traffic slows or even at the beginning if it’s a really big show.
o Hand out
postcards in the show directing people to your booth – and have a giveaway,
game or promo to entice
o Walk the
show. If you have a good question,
doesn’t matter where you are!
Leave a Comment