Businesses everywhere are now back to planning for their return to live, in-person trade shows, conferences and events. While this is very exciting, it can also be stressful as it’s been a while since many of us have done these.
Before the pandemic shut everything down, I would see exhibitors make so many of the same mistakes over and over at these events. The worst part was that they didn’t even know they were hurting themselves! There was no way they were maximizing their opportunities.
I want to help change all that!!
So in this episode of the Trade Show University podcast, I go through the top 9 things to NEVER do at your booth! Some may have you proudly saying, “Well we never do that.” But I guarantee you will find a couple where you’ll say, “Woah – we do that all the time!”
Top 9 Mistakes:
- Be on your phone and ignoring attendees
- Get into a long conversation without qualifying the attendee
- Eat a meal at the booth
- Talking with other booth staff
- Leave the booth Empty
- Staying in your booth for the entire event
Okay – now these last 3 are when you are out in front of your booth getting ready to engage with attendees walking by. Don’t do these!
- Give a simple greeting
- Asking any sort of yes/no question that has nothing to do with your company OR doesn’t make the attendee think.
- Say nothing or just standing there smiling
Let me know which ones you will STOP doing!
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS – DesignPod Studio! Visit their Website