You have found the right podcast to give you solid Tips for getting better engagement, smoother and more well run digital and virtual events, trade shows and webinars!
Episode 074 – Tips & Trends #5!
I want you to have your best year ever in 2021…AND you can win great prizes!
Head over to tradeshowu.biz/challenge to sign up and for all the details!
Tip #1 – Use short segments
· In past we were used to 40, 60, even 90 minute sessions
· Your virtual audience can’t handle that much! Attention spans are shorter with so many distractions at home
· 15 min + short Q&A, or have multiple speakers talk for 10 min on a topic and end with panel Q&A
· Break up sessions with creative breaks – quizzes, trivia, giveaways, musicians, exercise or yoga or more! Be creative – so many options out there. This segment can even be sponsored to make up some costs
Tip #2 – Stay on time with your agenda
· respect your audience! Don’t go over or you’ll risk losing them.
· Practice multiple times alone or with your team. Make sure you have your timing dialed in.
· Day of event – watch your time!
· Have q&a at end of your presentation. We may be tempted to watch the chat and answer some questions as they come in. But that can throw your timing way off and a chance you won’t get to all of your material or go over time.
· Have someone dedicated to monitoring the chat.
#3 – Have backup plans for when tech goes wrong
· Be ready to pivot
· What will you do if one of your presenters can’t log in?
· Understand all the parts of your event and your tech and discuss all possibilities ahead of time.
· This will give you greater peace of mind and lead to a smoother, more engaging event.
Trend for more engaging and smoothly run Virtual Events is to pre-record your presentation and take live Q&A afterwards.
· First – pre-recording allows you to edit so it is the best it can be
· Also allows you to include extras into the presentation like titles, cutaways, animation, music and more.
· New tools are coming on to help make video editing easier in case you’re like me with zero experience at editing video, or you don’t have a video editor on staff, or you don’t want to pony up to use one.
· One tool that currently is free and has amazing video and audio capabilities is Descript. I use it for audio but have seen some of the features for video editing and really powerful and simple!
· Check out descript.com
· Consider this method of pre-recorded video next time you are putting together a digital event, or if you are being asked to give a presentation.
Remember to get over to tradeshowu.biz/challenge and let me know your brand or plan for 2021! Giving away some great prizes and swag!