How do you find and decide on the best tech tools and platforms for your upcoming trade show or event? Listen in!
While helping physical event professionals embrace virtual events during the pandemic, Merijn van Buuren realized that evaluating different platforms was taking way too much time and that there must be a better way to do this to help even more event professionals. Merijn developed Event Mender, a tool to take out all the guesswork for event organizers.
- Why do organizers need (to keep adding) new tools?
- What does the current process look like, and why is this a problem?
- What can event professionals do differently?
- How does Event Mender fits in this picture?
Merijn’s Top Tips:
- Don’t start looking for something you think you need without a purpuse
- Before you get into demo’s, set your boundaries and objectives (like your budget, number of events, features you need, etc)
- If the information you need to make a decision is not there on a website, don’t schedule a demo of 1 hour to find out – just ask in an email to save yourself a lot of time (or find a place that already has this information)
- Ask for previous experiences/use-cases of similar demands
Merijn’s Big Takeaways:
1. Don’t start researching without a goal and clear overview of your demands
2. Make an informed decision that matches your event goals, don’t decide on a tool just because your friend or competition is using it
Listeners can go to eventmender.com and click on the link* to create a free profile on Event Mender and by doing so they’ll be eligible for a 5% cashback on any new platform they find to be the best match for them. They’ll also have the possibility to schedule a free hour consulting call with me to define their exact needs before starting their search.
Connect with Merijn: