Trade Show PRO Tip #6 explores how to Follow Up Effectively with All types of Leads. OR…in other words…Don’t follow up with all leads the same way!
- There are different types of leads. Some cool, some hot, some big, some small.
- Some you have a fantastic, in-depth conversation with, and some you just scan their badge.
- First of all – the follow up starts right during your conversation at the booth.
- Huh?? What I mean is this. Set the tone for a follow up. Ask them right then and there when would be good to follow up and set a date. “So what I’ll do is call you a week from Tuesday and we can discuss ABC. Sound good? Great! And I’ll shoot you an email with that as well.”
- Don’t make the mistake of sending a blanket email response to everyone!
- Take a minute to take notes right after the conversation and make those follow ups PERSONAL
- How’s this for an idea – right after the person leaves your booth, take out your phone and record a quick video to send to that person. It might sound something like this…
- Hey Bob, it’s Jim from Trade Show U. Was so great talking to you about your company and need for better results at your next show. As we discussed, after you get back to the office, let’s set up that 15-minute discovery call to help you see the huge opportunities out in front of you. Can’t wait to talk soon!
- Think you might stand out when you do this?
- So get personal with your follow ups! Be detailed, be organized and be timely and you WILL see better results!
Join our Email Newsletter for updates and exclusive access to Tips, Tools and Trainings!
Subscribe at your favorite Podcast Platform!