With the amount of data now available at our Trade Shows, Conferences and Events – both in-person and virtual – companies of all sizes have huge opportunities to know more about their customers, trends and more. And with all of this data also comes security and privacy risks.
Today’s guest, Brian Scott of ClearTone Consulting, is here to discuss the opportunities and risks for Associations and at our shows.
Brian provides expert CIO services based on a technology career spanning 35 years with the last 20 at the CXO level. He specializes in software development, networking, cyber security, cloud services, data architecture, system integration, IT strategy, and team development. He has 21 years of experience within the exhibitions and trade association markets, is a patent holder in event technology, and a current board director for the International Association of Exhibitions and Events as well as the Center for Exhibitions Industry Research.
- What are some of the basic mistakes you see associations doing?
- How can execs know more easily what they should be doing for security?
- Are associations really a hacker target?
- Why is cyber security incidents still growing around the world?
- And more!
Brian Scott’s Top Tips:
- Get a 3rd party security and privacy assessment! (Turn on the lights!)
- Make cybersecurity an organizational issue, not an IT issue.
- Understand your risk situation.
- Utilize the experts.
Get in Touch with Brian Scott: