Josh Weiss is the President of 10 to 1 Public Relations – a company which provides strategic communications planning, media relations, crisis communication management and other PR services. Josh Weiss that it takes 10 good things to be said about a company to equal one negative comment and that it’s essential build up a good will bank to grow and protect your business – and that’s the reason behind his company’s name.
Get your FREE Lifetime Access to the new and powerful website and funnel building platform – GrooveFunnels! Save $100’s per month vs the competitors!
Check out all you get at http://tradeshowu.biz/groove/ <– CLICK HERE
Sponsored by GrooveFunnels
Top PR Tips for Live & Virtual Events:
The HIDDEN Media – all the industry magazines and publications are there at the event. You just can’t see them because the show has a special room for them. Here’s how to find them and get press:
- Start reaching out to industry media about 8 weeks prior to live events, 4 weeks prior for virtual
- If you are an exhibitor, ask the show management for a Media List, then start digging and contacting
- Call them to invite them to your booth for a 10-15 minute meeting. Give them something specific you would like to show them or talk to them about.
- Get on their calendar Early!
- Follow up with a Thank You note
The Press is the great equalizer for smaller companies. Gives you Social Proof you can use over and over.
- Nearly every show has speaking opportunities
- Giving a talk or hosting a workshop or seminar positions you as credible, newsworthy, and a thought leader
- Make sure you are bringing VALUE
- Do NOT just give a long sales pitch
- Pick one topic and submit multiple versions – one “punny”, one serious/formal, one conversational.
- You submit multiple to give yourself a better chance of getting chosen. You don’t know who is on the selection committee and what kind of tone they are setting for the event.
- Bring your BEST content!! Don’t leave it out. People will want to do business with you!
Contact Josh Weiss:
Social Media: 10to1pr