Since many many people travel to trade shows each year, I wanted to share some of my favorite travel tips. I travel a lot and I know that some people only travel once a year to a big show, and some a few times. But even if you’re a travel warrior like me you may get some new stuff to try out.
This is TRAVEL TIPS #1 focused on “getting there” – the planning, the preparing and the journey. TRAVEL TIPS #2 will be tips for once you’re there.
Did you like these Travel Tips? Or do you get value from these podcast episodes?
Please support the work of Trade Show University podcast!
CLICK HERE –>> https://www.buymeacoffee.com/tradeshowu
1. Get to the airport early – use the 2 hour rule the airlines tell you
2. For carry-on size bags…Check your bag at the gate vs keeping it with you
3. Invest in TSA Precheck
4. When going through security, put your phone and anything in your pockets into your backpack or purse. DO NOT use the little trays to put small items!
5. Get on the loyalty program for all travel partners
6. Make your reservations early!
7. Pack comfortable shoes, and make sure they are broken in!
8. If you’re going to be working to set up your booth, bring some extra grubby clothes
9. Use a checklist!
10. Bring a reusable water bottle
11. Don’t have to sit at your gate the entire time you’re waiting for your plane to board. Find an empty gate or quiet spot where you can sit in a more relaxed and quiet atmosphere.
12. Plan food for longer flights and in your room
13. Bring cash for tips for drivers, hotel housekeeping staff and others who don’t take credit cards
14. Find hotels that have breakfast included
15. Invest in a good neck pillow and noise cancelling headphones
16. Be patient and polite!
17. If driving, get a toll-pass device to minimize time and save money!
WHICH IS YOUR FAVORITE TIP?
Connect with me on LinkedIn and let me know! https://www.linkedin.com/in/jimcermak/