As show planners, organizers and exhibitors, what should we be expecting from the industry in 2022? To discuss this topic and more I am honored to have on the podcast for a second time Danica Tormohlen – the Content Director, Publisher and Editor-in-Chief for the Society of Independent Show Organizers (SISO).
Danica began her career in the trade show industry at EXPO Magazine in 1994, where she eventually served as publisher and editor in chief. After that, she served as editor-at-large for Trade Show Executive for 10 years.
- What’s happening at SISO
- Trends in the industry
- Danica’s recent trips to PCMA, PGA Show and Winter Fancy Food Show
- Independent show organizers are moving forward with shows in 2022, despite Omicron.
- Attendees who are going to shows right now are highly qualified buyers looking for new products and new vendors.
- Small and medium-size businesses–the lifeblood of the economy–are ready to get back to face-to-face and they are growing their businesses by exhibiting at trade shows.
- The trade show industry is already seeing growth in Q1 2022, and it’s expected to be up year over year for most sectors.
- The faster that international travel rebounds without restrictions and corporate travel and back-to-the-office strategies are implemented, the faster the trade show industry will grow.
Resources to Check Out:
- SISO CEO Summit in March
- SISO Summer Leadership Conference in August
- Asia CEO Summit in October
- If you are an independent show organizer, you will absolutely find value in becoming a SISO member.
Contact and Follow Danica:
- Web site: www.siso.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social: SISO on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Follow Danica on Twitter @danicatormohlen or LinkedIn
Check Out our Sponsor…
Michael Green Food & Wine Entertainment! www.michaelgreen.com
Michael creates & hosts Wine & Food Experiences that build relationships and drive sales!
From Conferences to Offsites, Michael’s high energy presentations are informative, highly entertaining and resonate for Years to come.
Find out why CMO firm Chief Outsiders said…
- Michael does much more than develop events – he creates memorable experiences for his clients and their guests. His expertise spanned all elements from planning to execution. What made the events truly special and memorable were Michael’s knowledge, experience, contacts, and flair. He not only made us look good, he ensured we remained relevant in the eyes of our guests throughout the evening.
Go to WWW.MICHAELGREEN.COM to learn more!
**SHARE THE INSPIRATION!**
If you enjoyed this show, please go to Apple Podcasts and leave me a five-star review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and help others to be inspired by Trade Show University.